* I can’t even put in to words how I feel today I’m sitting at home crying my son is 15 and finally getting an EHCP thanks to Sunbeams. Last year my son was out of school for 3 months no help from Newberry or my doctor my son had no friends, never left the house, no one to talk to as CAMHS wouldn’t talk to him coz it’s not mental health, it’s his ASD. Left alone I tried everything to get help then a friend told me about Sunbeams, Sunbeams changed my family’s life for the better my son is now at school, every week he goes to Sunbeams and sees his friends he feels safe, has somone to talk to and they have helped us as a family in so many more ways they are amazing people so caring, kind & they really DO care so Sunbeams thank you for helping my family and showing my son you care and you will help him fight his fight
* The ONLY place I've
come across locally to provide a safe and accepting environment for me to leave
my daughter at. Nothing's too difficult to them. And to have sibling support ,
family support and training workshops is even better. Centres always clean,
safe and set out for each group. Always keep parents up to date with events.
Follows anything I ask them to which I'm working on at home. Best thing to
happen to us as a family.
* Sunbeams is a brilliant place, which not only helps the children with autism
but nothing is too much trouble for the families also. Our daughter takes a
while to settle into places, but they have always been patient, welcoming,
included her in everything. They gently encourage her to try different things
in an environment you know she is going to be well looked after
* I am a parent of a child with autism, and I care about this organisation a lot. They help families by giving the children somewhere to be themselves, help siblings with young carers groups and also dads Lego clubs. Not to mention the family support. Well-done sunbeams
* About 6 years ago I felt like I was on my own no one would take note of what I was saying but u did and u helped me so much and my son was given his diagnosis, I just wanted to thank you for all your help.
* As parents of a child with autism we struggle to get out in the local community often. Sunbeams play has given us all a new lease of life, giving our child a place to play and be herself, not to mention the support and learning opportunities Thank You.
* We would be lost without the help and support we receive from sunbeams they have helped us so much in the short time my girls have been there xx
* When you leave sunbeams, get in the car and your child says mummy we are
so very lucky to have sunbeams aren’t we xx
* Thank you sunbeams for helping my daughter learn how to form friendships her she is so much more confidant now thank you.
* Thanks to Sunbeams for all the help they have given to our
granddaughters and the support you give to our daughter and son in law.