Along with our group sessions Sunbeams Play is proud to provide a holistic service, supporting parents and carers of children and young people affected by autism and linked conditions.
In order to support a safe, phased reopening of Sunbeams Play we are working carefully within government guidelines to insure that strategies in place provide strong infection controls. To enable this the centre has been fully cleaned with all toys and areas being disinfected (take a look at our Covid gallery) and the following changes have been put in place:
- Children/young people’s attendance will be reduced to fortnightly for under 16 year olds, ensuring smaller groups with each member being provided with a 1-1 to ensure social distancing and safe hygiene routines are maintained.
- 1-1 play workers will be responsible for their own area and disinfect the equipment used by their child/young person.
- A ‘Covid’ cleaner will be employed to deep clean the centre twice a week ensuring all areas are disinfected and safe for all staff and children/young people.
- All staff have taken an online Covid awareness course to ensure their understanding and full training will be given to all staff prior to opening to ensure continuity and safe practices.
- PPE will be provided for all staff and children who want to use it.
- Temperatures will be taken prior to staff, children and young people entering.
- Distancing guidance tape and posters have been added along with hand sanitizers
- Risk assessment has been put in place with indivdual assessments for all attendees
- Planning has been carried out around activities taking place over the summer period and can be downloaded HERE
We have produced a leaflet to explain the changes to children and young people attending this can be sent on request or downloaded HERE